Spring Hills Senior Communities -
* Attends work as scheduled and follows community’s call off procedures.
* Adheres to monthly recreational calendar and conducts various activities at the director of the Director of Recreational Services.
* Encourages resident participation in programs and activities.
* Maintains a record of residents’ daily activity participation in scheduled & unscheduled activities.
* Maintains general observation of residents and shares appropriate information with staff.
* Follows departmental budget guidelines.
* Provides emotional and social support to residents.
* Respects the dignity of and encourages the independence of all residents.
* Works in a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized manner, abides by all health and safety regulations.
* Escorts residents on activities away from the property as assigned.
* Assists with the registration of residents for trips and programs.
* Assists in the surveying and interviewing of residents to determine interests, talents and resident satisfaction.
* Maintain resident store (where applicable) by adhering to store hours, conduct transactions with customers, balance cash box at closing, and track inventory for re-stocking.
* Obeys all traffic laws
* Operates vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
* Observes all mandatory safety regulations for multi-passenger and single passenger vehicles.
* Keeps vehicle clean.
* Adheres to schedule and drives assigned routes.
* Checks bus before and after each operation for mechanical defects and completes pre and post-trip checklist.
* Transports only authorized residents.
* Maintains order on vehicle at all times.
* Reports all accidents to appropriate personnel immediately and completes required forms
* Supervises residents while loading, unloading, and waiting.
* Renders first aid, as appropriate, until emergency medical personnel arrive.
* Notifies the supervisor of any mechanical failure.
* Delivers vehicles to auto shop for repairs and inspections.
* Discharges residents only at authorized stops.
* Loads and unloads baggage, packages, and other items.
* Keeps supervisor informed of any route changes due to road conditions, number of residents transported, and other appropriate information.
* Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
* Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
* Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
* Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hill, LLC
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
* Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
* Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
* Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
* Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
* Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
* Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
* Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
* Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
* Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
* Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
* Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
* Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
* Fluency of Ideas - The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
An Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Must possess a valid driver’s license in the State employed
* Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
* Must possess a valid First Aid certification
* No major accidents last 3 years.
* No moving violations last 3 years.
Standing (over 2/3), walking (over 2/3), using hands to finger, handle or feel (over 2/3), reach with hands and arms (over 2/3), climb and balance (over 1/3), stoop, kneel (1/2-2/3), talk or hear (Over 2/3), taste or smell (Over 1/3). Lifting up to 10 pounds (over 2/3), Up to 25 pounds (1/3-2/3); Up to 50 pounds (under 1/3)