Spring Hills Senior Communities -
Position Summary: Coordinates and manages the Nursing program, enabling residents to lead a quality life while maintaining their dignity. This position reports to the Executive Director and directs the caregiver and nursing staff.
* Attends work as scheduled and follows community’s call-off procedures.
* Supports company’s programs and utilizes systems in the delivery of care to residents.
* Directly oversees the delivery of care to residents to ensure that emotional, physical, psychological and safety needs are met through all program services and activities.
* Conducts residents’ assessments according to State regulations and company standards.
* Coordinates family/resident care conferences and services.
* Hires, trains, evaluates, disciplines and terminates departmental associates in accordance with Spring Hills, LLC Human Resources Policies.
* Maintains appropriate staff schedules to ensure proper coverage
* Develops and manages the annual department budget.
* Ensures compliance with all state regulations.
* Ensures all accidents/incidents are completed per company standards and State regulations.
* Maintains residents’ confidentiality at all times.
* Ensures Spring Cottage residents receive appropriate recreational interactions.
* Is familiar with and understands emergency equipment and procedures.
* Understands and utilizes company systems and tools in carrying out functions.
* Participates in the Manager-On-Duty Program.
* Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
* Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
* Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
* Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hills, LLC.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
* Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
* Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
* Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
* Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
* Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
* Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
* Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
* Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
* Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Experience and Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A valid nursing license for the state practiced in. A valid Registered Nursing license if practicing in the state of New Jersey.
Physical Requirements:Standing (over 2/3), walking (over 2/3), using hands to finger, handle or feel (over 2/3), reach with hands and arms (over 2/3), climb and balance (under 1/3), stoop, kneel (1/2-2/3), talk or hear (over 2/3), taste or smell (under 1/3). Lifting up to 10 pounds (1/3- 2/3), Up to 25 pounds (under 2/3); Up to 50 pounds (under 1/3); transferring over 100 pounds (1/3- 2/3)
Spring Hills is an Equal Opportunity Employer